The seven-session series of classes will take current and prospective business owners through the process of assessing their business plan and help them answer a myriad of questions about pricing, marketing, profit potential, break-even point and business structure. The classes are very interactive and participants will be encouraged to complete a written business plan by the end of the class.
Classes will be held on Monday nights in Baker City. Classes will be held on Tuesday nights in La Grande. Classes will be held on Wednesday nights in Enterprise. Classes are held from 6-9 p.m. Contact us at 541-426-3598 or 800-645-9454 if you have any questions, or to pre-register.
Here’s what former class participants have to say about the Foundations class:
- “The class helped me better understand the business world, business terms and to explore how much it really costs for me to produce my product.”
- “Working out a unit of sales, finding a break-even point and using formulas to help predict future income was very helpful.”
- “The size of the class (6-8 people) worked well because we were exposed to several types of businesses and the challenges faced by each.”
- “The instructor did an amazing job and has a wealth of knowledge and ideas.”
- “The class helped me with the planning, networking and encouragement needed to proceed with my idea.”
- “I learned how to do a more detailed analysis of financials and projected costs.”
- “I was able to revise my business plan to better meet my goals.”
Classes will be free. Pre-registration is required and the classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The classes are subsidized by the Oregon Community Development Block Grant program, and the program requires a minimum of 51% of class participants to meet low/moderate income requirements. Documentation of household financial income will be required of all participants.
Northeast Oregon Economic Development District
101 NE First Street, Suite 100
Enterprise, OR 97828